The content of this post is a transcript of a talk I gave to my BNI Riverside Executives chapter, Wednesday September 29th. If you would like more information please call (916) 489-9302, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or post a comment on this blog or the Outback Solutions Facebook page at; facebook.com/Outsols
Why Every Business Must Have a Website
A website is a part of a business’ overall marketing plan – not its IT plan! It’s a valuable piece of real estate, which must represent your business appropriately, but even more important it needs to be found, easily. Here are six reasons why EVERY business must have a website. The linked sites were created by Outback Solutions and are provided as proof of each reason.
1. Professional presence. A website is a business’ “brick & mortar” presence on the web. It is your opportunity to create a professional appearance on the world’s most powerful communication, marketing, advertising, information platform. A business without a website is just not credible, or not as credible as it could be.
Oshetski Orthodontics, Jackie Dotson, LCSW, Carroll Law, PWA Insurance
2. Websites work. No matter what your business or profession, a website can generate business, promote goodwill among customers and prospects, and deliver your marketing messages. This is true regardless of whether your business is small, large or in-between, well-established or brand-new.
Hammett Landscape Design, Luxury Limousines
3. More people use the Web to locate information than all other methods combined (according to Google they satisfy 1bn searches/day). Even if you are a completely local small business, service, contractor or consultant, odds are people have used search engines to look for you on the web – and if you don’t have a website…well, you get the picture.
Jenkins Chiropractic, 211 Sacramento
4. Web presence communicates 24/7/365. A website is like having a staff that can inform, market and communicate with your customers and prospects at any time of the night or day, and if designed correctly, it can pre-screen prospects before they even speak with you. A website is the equivalent of an online word of mouth marketing organization (World of mouth).
Elk Grove Milling, Arden Park Soccer
5. Websites are NOT just for selling. One of the most common misconceptions about business websites is that they must offer products for purchase, accept credit cards and process financial transactions. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Many websites aim to encourage people to visit an actual store, or commit to an action, i.e. volunteer. All websites should include a call to action!
Costello’s Ace, American River Ace, American River Parkway Foundation, Gamboa’s Body & Frame
6. Websites CAN SELL your Products & Services Online. If your business offers products and services appropriate for retail sale over the Internet, then you should clearly consider an ecommerce website. The web can assist with the sales of products like cupcakes and tortillas and services like eyebrow shaping!
Cupcake Craving, Chia Seed Tortillas, The Perfect Eyebrow
Think Outback the Box!